One of the most widely used forms of packing is cardboard storage boxes. These boxes are made of sturdy paper and corrugated cardboard and are frequently used for storing, packing, or moving. They can be used for several things and are frequently recycled as storage boxes. They are widely used for various purposes, including moving, storing garbage in a cellar or closet, and carrying a box of valuable items. Read More…
Larsen Packaging Products, Inc.St. Charles, IL | 630-384-1130
Stocking a full line of 200# (NOT 32ect) readily available stock boxes. Specializing in custom corrugated boxes, Larsen Packaging Products, Inc. is a one-stop manufacturer and distributor of a wide range of corrugated items including heavy duty stitched seam triple wall gaylord-type cartons. We’re also a distributor of over 30,000 shipping supplies including a full line of 2000+ stock corrugated boxes & mailers available for next day delivery. Vendor managed inventory & blanket order fulfillment are also value-added programs provided to our local clients, upon request.$$$
Deluxe Packaging, Inc.Pennsauken, NJ | 856-486-0006
At Deluxe Packaging, our goal is to always create a cost-effective solution for you and to service you better than anyone else. We offer a full array of high quality corrugated boxes in a variety of shapes, sizes, materials, and features. Deluxe Packaging has a proven track record in custom packaging design and timely delivery.$$$
Packaging Design CorporationBurr Ridge, IL | 866-572-9938
Packaging Design Corporation is a leading single-source provider of corrugated boxes and more. Packaging Design specialize in creating customized packaging to help you sell your product. Founded in 1968, Packaging Design is family-owned and operated focusing on quality, innovation and total customer satisfaction. Let Packaging Design be your provider for quality packaging solutions.$$$
Herman PackagingHouston, TX | 800-306-8326
For more than 20 years, we have been the leading box manufacturer here at Herman Packaging. We always put our customers first and work hard to find them solutions. We guarantee high-quality products and services with our dedication and expertise.$$$
Western Container Corp.Beloit, WI | 800-393-7917
Corrugated boxes are the industry standard! All cartons are constructed from strong 200#/32ect, kraft corrugated (unless otherwise noted). Order in bundle or bale quantities. 100`s of sizes to choose from! All boxes ship and store flat to save space. Corrugated boxes are all 100% recyclable. Protect your large shipments with cargo containers! Makes a great master pack for smaller boxes. Protect irregularly shaped shipments. Many standard air freight containers available. Easy to pack.$$$
Associated BagMilwaukee, WI | 800-926-6100
At Associated Bag, we have built a reputation among many industries by providing a broad range of high-quality corrugated boxes and exceptional customer service. Our 6-month quote guarantee is unequalled in our industry, giving our customers the flexibility to order whenever the time is best for them.Our line of boxes include corrugated shipping boxes, insulated boxes, and more. Contact Associated Bag today!$$$
How Cardboard Boxes are Made
Cardboard storage boxes are constructed with two strong paper liners and a base made of paper. The liners are placed around a third corrugated sheet to create a robust, three-layered paper pulp thickness. The most popular hue for cardboard storage boxes is brown, though they can also be found in gray and white.
Even though they are most frequently described as "boxes," these cardboard containers come in various shapes, most notably rectangles and cylinders. The rectangle-shaped cardboard storage box has six sides and is constructed with one long sheet fastened to four flaps on the top and bottom. When assembling a box, flaps are folded upward or downward.
The flaps are typically taped together to seal the box. However, when you assemble a cardboard box, it can be sealed by folding and crossing the flaps over one another in place of tape or strong staples so that only one flap can be removed at a time.
A labor-intensive process is used to make the paper to ensure that the wood chips that are pulped are clean and appropriate for the task. The trees are first chopped and lumbered to produce tons of logs that are then chipped and debarked in a machine.
Then, one of two procedures—mechanical pulping or chemical pulping—is applied to these chips. The mechanical pulping process involves pressing the debarked logs against a rotating stone to create a pulp, which is then used to separate the wood into individual cellulose fibers. Next, water is sprayed on the stone to remove the fibers. However, this process only removes a small amount of the lignin, whose removal is the ultimate goal because lignin bonds the fibers together and lowers the quality of the paper.
Mechanical pulping is cheaper and produces a higher throughput. Chemical pulping includes "heating" wood chips to separate the cellulose fibers from the raw material. Sulfite and sulfate are two types of chemical heating that improve lignin separation and reduction to produce better-quality paper. Sulfate, the more well-known of the two methods, entails the utilization of alkaline solutions to break down wood and sodium sulfate to boost pulp strength.
Applications of Cardboard Boxes
- Corrugated cardboard boxes are simple to use and are commonly available if there is a lot of stuff to arrange and store. It will be simple to retrieve objects if arranged in a line on shelves, designate them with the contents, and then fill them. To make separators or to hold objects upright, cut tiny cardboard strips into a snug fit within boxes.
- Unbelievable as it may seem, corrugated cardboard can be utilized to build furniture. Many resourceful, creative people are repurposing leftover cardboard to create chairs, beds, tables, and other household furnishings. When constructed properly, cardboard furniture is durable, making it ideal for college dorms and kid's rooms.
Advantages of Cardboard Boxes
- Cardboard boxes are resilient to moisture despite being made only of paper and starch. They are the best way to transport, safeguard, advertise, and store things of all dimensions, configurations, and types. They can be printed with infinite images and displays, such as vibrant graphics, imaginative designs, and entertaining images, with the right surface finish.
- The primary factor behind cardboard boxes' explosive growth is their far lower price than their forerunners. Regardless of the size, cardboard boxes can be manufactured to match any company's budget. They are the ideal, cost-effective method for drawing attention to a company's logo. The low cost of labor and materials used to produce cardboard boxes correlates with their low price. Cardboard is also more than 80% recyclable, reducing its overall cost.
- The fact that cardboard does not end up in a landfill or waste dump is the key factor in its rising popularity. Trash collection businesses have devised unique processes to separate cardboard materials so they may be bundled and delivered to producers for recycling.
Choosing the Proper Cardboard Storage Boxes Manufacturer
To make sure you have the most beneficial outcome when purchasing Cardboard Storage Boxes from a Cardboard Storage Boxes Supplier, it is important to compare at least 4 Suppliers using our Cardboard Storage Boxes directory. Each Cardboard Storage Boxes Manufacturer has a business profile page that highlights their areas of experience and capabilities and a contact form to directly communicate with the manufacturer for more information or request a quote. Review each Cardboard Storage Boxes business website using our proprietary website previewer to get an idea of what each company specializes in, and then use our simple RFQ form to contact multiple Cardboard Storage Boxes businesses with the same message.